We strongly recommend you to -Act NOW with your online bookings for 2019
We have been informed by the government that Inca Trail Trek Permits for departures in 2019 will go on sale in early October 2018. (Last year trek permits for some dates in April, May and June sold out within a few hours so you must book much earlier this year). Please try to book before the end of September if possible to avoid disappointment. (Permits are so limited every year... we recommend you to book (9-7 months in advance)
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu will be closed the month of February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture, because maintenance, upkeep and cleaning will be performed. The entrance to the Inka Trail will be re-enabled from March 1.
In this section you can check the availability of the trail provided by the Ministry of Culture. Here some information should take into account:
- The month of February is rainy season so the Ministry closes the Inka Trail.
- The availability we use is the same to any other agency, because this information is directly provided by the Ministry of Culture.
- The number of spaces is very variable. Agencies usually book up to 30 spaces, do not be surprised if in a moment the available spaces are sold out.
- The spaces shown are for either route be it Short Inca Trail 2 days or Classic Inka Trail 4 days.
- Availability is exclusively administered by the Ministry of Culture. Only they can manage and authorize the access to the Inka Trail.
- The Inca Trail is enabled only for 500 spaces per day, within which includes staff (porters and guides) spaces.
Note: Availability is displayed. First you must choose the Tour, followed by the month and year of your visit. The number shown per day is the number of available places to the selected date. “0” means that there is no longer any available space.
This information is provided courtesy of the Regional Directorate of Culture of Cusco.